This week we are changing the circuits with our metabolic workout. We’re creating two 10 minute circuits instead of one 20 minute circuit. Each circuit has 4 exercises. Circuit #1, you already know. It’s our workout from week #1. For circuit 2, we added a Shoulder Press to the Dumbbell Squat you learned last week, as well as 3 other new exercises.
HERE’S THE WEEK #3 METABOLIC WORKOUT
Do each circuit for 10 minutes.
Warm-up your body with at least 5 minutes of active stretching, walking, etc
CIRCUIT #1: These are the same exercises from week 1
Set a timer and complete as many rounds as possible in 10 minutes – do not take planned rest periods, but rest when you need to between exercises.
1. Reverse Lunge with Bicep Curl (Alternate Legs), option for forward lunge – 12 times
2. Bent Over Row with Triceps Kickback – 12 times
3. 1-Leg Push-ups – 12 times (6 reps each leg). You may also do push-ups on your knees, 12 times or wall push-ups (12x) – push-ups against a wall (pick which the variation best for your current fitness level)
4. Plank Jacks – 12x
(NEW) CIRCUIT #2: Set a timer and complete as many rounds as possible in 10 minutes – do not take planned rest periods, but rest when you need to between exercises.
1. Dumbbell Squat with Shoulder Press – 12 times
2. Standing Dumbbell Row (Alternate-Arm) – 12 times
3. Chest Press to Crunch – 12 times (you may place toes under bed or table for support with crunch)
4. Mountain Climbers – 12x
Cool Down with stretching
IF YOU HAVEN’T SEEN THIS VIDEO, WATCH THIS SHORT INTRODUCTION TO THESE WORKOUTS FIRST:
VIDEO DEMONSTRATION OF CIRCUIT #1 (10 minutes), then go to CIRCUIT #2
VIDEO DEMONSTRATION OF CIRCUIT #2 (10 minutes), then cool down.
Stay tuned for workout #4 – coming next week!