If good health, fitness, or weight loss are part of your New Year’s Resolutions, today’s blog post will be a helpful start to the new year.
I’ll be sharing three exercises to master in 2019. And bonus: They can be done right at home! Exercises we can do at home can be more convenient because they fit in our lifestyle more efficiently, and are super useful in terms of results.
In today’s email, we’ll go over 3 exercises you can do at home that will help you have a healthier and fit 2019.
THREE EXERCISES TO MASTER IN 2019
1) Floor Cobra
This may be one of the best exercises you are not doing right now. The floor cobra will improve core, and strengthen your middle and lower trapezius muscles. This is one of the best exercises to help you maintain good posture for life!
- Lie on stomach with arms alongside body, palms facing floor.
- Draw-in belly button, squeeze butt muscles and pinch shoulder blades together.
- Lift chest and hands off floor, keeping arms straight. Keep feet on the floor.
- Hold two seconds.
- Repeat for desired repetitions.
2) High Plank
The high plank (on hands instead of elbows, like a typical plank) is a great variation that makes a perfect addition to any workout program.
This plank will not only work your abs, but also your back, glutes (aka the butt), and your arms – such as your shoulders and triceps. All those muscles that look great in a tank top.
High planks are also great if you’re new to planks in general, and you can’t perform a plank on your elbows yet.
- Get in a push-up/high plank position (as pictured). Draw in belly button to engage your core and squeeze your butt muscles.
- Keep body lifted off the floor and form a straight line from head to toe.
- Hold for 10 seconds all the way to 1 minute (adjust the
time basedon your current fitness level)
3) Renegade Row
Get more bang for your buck with this one! The Renegade Row works many muscles at once – core, glutes, arms, and back.
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and get in plank position with your hands holding onto the weights directly below your shoulders and your palms facing each other. Your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
- Bend your left elbow and raise the dumbbell until your elbow passes your torso, pressing the right dumbbell into the floor for balance.
- Lower your arm and repeat on the other side. Continue alternating for 12 repetitions.
Wishing you a healthy and fit 2019!