As I’ve mentioned in previous blog posts – I love my greens! One of my daily #ConsistencyHabits – which are the foundation of my diet and the healthy nutritional strategies I aim to incorporate daily… is to have a good amount of greens throughout the day. It’s not uncommon for me to have some type of green as a part of my breakfast, lunch and dinner! That’s why this easy kale and spinach salad is one of my favorite side dishes to eat regularly.
But, with that said, I don’t like cooking, so I LOVE things that are easy. This easy kale and spinach salad is something I have multiple times per week with dinner. Super satisfying, tasty and easy!
Easy Kale and Spinach Salad
- Fresh spinach & kale – I love the bagged blend of baby spinach & kale from Walmart
- Veggies of choice – I choose pre-cut easy options that I get from Walmart – broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, sliced carrots, etc
- Fresh pico de gallo – another Walmart purchase – found in the produce section (THE MOST IMPORTANT INGREDIENT!)
- Dressing of choice: I like to make my own ranch dressing with plain nonfat Greek yogurt – mix Fage Greek yogurt with ranch seasoning, or Greek yogurt with a little taco seasoning for a Mexican-flavored dressing. You may also use your dressing of choice or olive oil/vinegar.
- Cut/wash all vegetables and mix together
- Top with dressing and pico de gallo
Seriously! It is so easy to make I almost didn’t think to post this, but it has become such a staple side dish in my household I had to share. Don’t forget the pico de gallo! This MAKES the recipe 🙂
VARIATION: I love to make this into a healthier “taco salad” too. I will make the Mexican-flavored dressing (Greek yogurt with a little taco seasoning), add cut avocado to the salad and sometimes even crisp up some low-carb wheat tortillas to cut and add to the salad for crunch.
And always feel free to add grilled chicken as well! I will get a rotisserie chicken and pull off the skin and add the chicken breast to my salad occasionally too.